Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stewardship Series


Ok, so Philippians 4:19 tells us that God will meet our needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. What exactly does that mean? Is God going to just magically clean up all our messes? We want to give special, precious gifts to our children, and God is no different. But I don't just give them anything at anytime.


The key phrase in this verse is "in Christ Jesus." John 1:1 tells us that Jesus is the "Word." If we are in Christ Jesus we are in the Word. Living according to the Word is a requirement of God meeting our needs. According to doesn't mean anything at anytime, although God does have the capacity to knock our socks off, even when we don't deserve it.


So, next time you are in need...make sure you are living according to the Word.


The whole section of teaching prior to this verse is intently focused on living a life fully and completely reliant on God. We work out our salvation, we don't work for our salvation!


Whew, I can't wait for Sunday!


Please add to these thoughts by commenting. Maybe I'll use something you add to one of the upcoming messages.

3 comments:

Bveach said...

Todd, thanks for the words of wisdom and insight. It was a blessing to get up and read that today of all days. I am feeling down about no job yet and needed something to kick me in the backside. Thanks for letting God use you. Miss ya. Bob

dawn said...

Hello,Todd.
Question where did you get the rubber face photo.
I am also out of work and this sermon rejuvinated my faith that God has always supplied my neesds.
I am remjnded of Ex. 4:2. Moses' reluctance and God's persuasion. Moses: I am not skilled, Nobody will believe me, I'm not skilled or charismatic. God: I choose you and I will provide everything you need for success. "What do you have there in your hand?" Moses: A shepards staff. God: "Throw it down on the ground" (Poof! a serpent and Moses is frightened) Pick it by the tail! ( Poof! it's a staff) I love this trajectory of anything is possible for God. I am sure Moses was saying-- Feet. Don't fail me now!, when the staff turned into a snake. reminds me the gospel song " Take it to the Lord in Prayer" Keep up the messages! The people will come when the word gets out that you are strong in God's word and can deliver the message with compassion. Which I know you can.
Love to you and your family.

Todd Hitchcock said...

dawn-

It's a photo that's been around forever. I have no idea where I first picked it up. But, I'm sure you can find it in a google search, and you can click on it and save it from my blog.

Thanks for the testimony. I'll pray that God helps you find a means for income asap!